- It has 46 different zones (incl. precincts);
- No Local Plans (as they are absorbed into the Zones)
- 12 Overlays (all quite standard)
- There are no provisions for rear lot sizes which may provide opportunities for smaller rear lots?
- Dual Occupancy developments can now be ‘accepted’ in some zones (i.e. no Council approval needed);
- There are no provisions for a secondary dwelling/auxiliary unit;
- The average height allowable over the region is between 8.5-13m.
Overall, I think the new City Plan is a great performance based scheme that focuses on achieving good planning outcomes and less on restrictive and specific Acceptable outcomes. A great win in my opinion. What are your thoughts?
Remember, the first PropertEASE report is FREE and they are only $20 after that or $35 for unlimited reports for the first month. Why not give it a try?